Thursday, August 7, 2014


It is said that if we were to help the butterfly remove itself from the cocoon, the butterfly would not be strong enough to survive. It is the struggle that prepares the butterfly to become strong enough to fly. Without the struggle in the cocoon, it could not survive as a butterfly.

So earlier this year I felt the urgency to step away from my daily routines.I’ve always been drawn to Ferry Boats, so I decided to head out West and make my way to Seattle. Seattle is a beautiful city filled lush green parks all within the city limits. It’s actually called the “emerald city” which I later learnt. The name alludes to the lush evergreen trees in the surrounding area. To my Canadian Friends if you ever find yourself out West I highly suggest that you jump on a greyhound and make your way to this amazing city, i found the most tranquility and peace. If you happen to be in your thirties you will enjoy that it will take you back to the 90’s! It channels your youth!

Ok, back to my tale….

So I decided to walk down the streets of Seattle and make my way to the harbour.  The element of water has always been good to me over the years.It takes me to calming tranquil place of reflecetion. Breath, body and mind acts as one. I’ve view
water as a fundamental to life and death. It’s not bios to religion. It lives within all living things, It’s a building block for life. Water is the same in all languages. This one specific day water became mystic.  

As i was contemplating my life I realized something about home. It dawned on me that Ottawa has always been a cozy warm covering for me, similiar to a cocoon I suppose. Serving shelter and protection as I was to develop.

Everyone has a part of this earth that we can relate to most. Weather it’s majestic red bridge, bouquet of flowers and the calm of a single rock off to the side of a lake, these are the places to get to know oneself and build bonds with our love ones.

Suddenly I understood my fascination with the vessel we call the “ferry boat” it had screamed out to me “go small, go simple and go now” Those seven simple words changed my life.  

We all have our own  individual stories to tell that are all difficult and different circumstances to overcome. I realize without the struggle and the experiences it wouldn’t teach us so we can grow. So it was time to channel my story and find the inner warrior within. I was to remove myself from the cocoon I had lived in for so long and to open my mind and heart to fall to the wayside of nature’s majesticness. To than open up to all the beautiful unexpectedness that will than be called my “rebirth”..

I made my way back home and made the decision it was time to open my wings and fly away with the promise to myself I wouldn’t come back for a year regardless how difficult it may be along the way. To only embrace the good and remove anything thing that would act as an obstacle to prevent me to move forward with my plan.
It wasn’t to long after the universe would start sending me gifts to embark on my adventure.I made peace with relationships that had haunted me and opened up to ones that had built me. My life became richer my community became stronger. I realized my self worth..

We live in a society that everything as a price. What I have experienced in the last few months is something you can’t buy, it can’t be purchased. I will keep it close to my heart and remember how lucky I am to have experience it and will continue living it through dance parties in the kitchen,screaming from the top of my lungs I will Kakka to the birds on a sunny day and always embracing laughter when it comes my way!


So the stories continues….

Sera makes her way to a beach one day. Stumbles upon a naked chef swinging falafels from a stand only to find herself working there the very next day……………

Will be continued…………..

No comments:

Post a Comment